The back of the mobo config - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 25
Default The back of the mobo config

I need a new motherboard to support my new processor. I was also looking into getting a new case, but all the motherboards I can find on newegg have the audio plug in configuration as horizontal, whereas the case a I want (and the case I have now) support motherboards that have the audio plugins vertically. So, is there anything that the way the back of the motherboard is configured is called? It would help me a lot in finding a good 800MHz FSB motherboard (with vertical audio connections).

Teelo is offline  
Old 01-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 416
Send a message via AIM to chog

I believe your refering to the I/O shield which will come with your mobo so whichever ports the mobo has will fit in the case once the I/O shield is replaced.

chog is offline  
Old 01-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8

dont be afraid to get out a hacksaw and CUT. It sounds trashy, but if you do a good job, it'll look great and save you a bundle instead of buying new equipment. Some people aren't into that, but it's another perspective...
mlehman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.