awsome laptop, awsome discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
What do you guys think? This laptop has had excellent reviews.

Gateway M680XL
2.0 Ghz P-M
2 GB DDR2 533Mhz Memory (two 1gb dimms)
80GB 5400rpm HD
Wireless b/g Card
128MB ATI x700 Video
17.0" WSXGA TFT Active Matrix (ultrabright)
8x DVD+-RW Burner
8-Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Windows XP Professional
3 Year Warranty Parts/Labor/NoOnsite

Base Price
$2,049.99
Additional Items +$644.99
Total
$2,694.98

You can get a discount to $2200 on this system, you can also get some discounts on the 460 series if you email this guy - zennie.mcdonald@gateway.com - you can email him a Gateway quote and a price and he will let you know if he can get it done for you.

Good deal considering if you want a 17" screen dell and you want to upgrade from 1GB to 2GB Dell charges $999.

DAMN!

nice

except that x700 just killed it for hardcore gamers

it'll play HL2/cs:s maxed and everything, but it's not top notch like the go6800's (dell has them for around 2.5k)

on Dells website the 9300 with everything the same except for Gateway has an 8 cell battery and the dells is a 6 cell, Gateway has a 3 year warranty & dell is a 1 year, and Gateway has X700 & Dell has the 6800. The Dell w/ 2 GB is at $3100 without tax.

I think the Gateway looks a lot better than the dell one too, besides does that video card justify $900?

imo 2gb ram and a pentium-m cpu just don't mix. if you're doing any of the cpu-intensive work that justifies getting 2gb, you'll want a pentium 4 based laptop, not penium-m.

As jnev_89 put it, 2gb is overkill. If you are going to use anything that will require 2gb RAM, you will not be using that processor. I know people with x64 system that dont even have 2gb. I think that was just there as a selling point for the laptop.

Not only did the x700 kill it for gamers, but the entire thing kiled it for everyone. It's a Gateway. 'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom