Australia(AUD) Vs USA (USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nethen

Beta member
I have been postponing buying a sony laptop for abtÂ… donnoÂ…

Every time I make a decision to buy it (also have the money :) ) newer version comes up.. had decided to go in for V505.. now comes Z1 series.. and man is she hot !!! But 3999 $AUD is way too expensive. Way around to buy this baby;

I know that buying in US it is much more cheaperÂ… infact IÂ’ll be saving 1300$AUD if I buy it there

OK deduct 80$ for shipping and insurance, 270$ for 10% GST even then IÂ’ll be saving about 950AUD$ minimum. Then I think... for the price of V505 I get the top of the range Z1 series (PCG-Z1VA) which is not even realised in Australia.

What I donÂ’t get is an international warranty not even for one yearÂ…. SoÂ… is all worth the risk? buying without an international warranty????

Nethen,
If you are interested in buy a computer from the land of OZ, send me a private message, and I see what I do for you.

If you are buying any notebook (or any thing) check 2 things :-

1. Is the warranty international. Even though your country might have the same model notebook computer, the manufacturer will know if that notebook was ship under warranty or not in your country just by looking at the serial number. A freind of mine works as a Canon Techie, and he has been know to reject warranty as some one has been parralle importing product. And if that is the case, the line to the customer is "If you want warranty, you take it back to the store where you baught it from"
Currentlly in australia, there is a problem with some one parralle importing there DVD Burners. I know who is doing it, so we aviod dealing with that supplier.

2. Is there a service agent in your country. Otherwise, you are going to be either shipping it back for repairs. Or waiting 2 weeks to 6 months for parts to come in.

To finish off, one thing that i like about Australia is that with notebook computers, by law they need to have a min. 1 year warranty if they are brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom