Audio Upgrade with $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the subwoofer on the x-530? I think I might go to a local electronics store and try it out. It looks nicer than the P7800. -=P

I don't think those speakers are as good. For one they are only 70 watts compared to 90 watts so they aren't as powerful if that matters. Also it's 5.1 compared to the creative which is 7.1. And I think the creative subwoofer is supposed to be really good.

Here's an excerpt about it.

"Do you like to inspire people? How about inspiring your friends with such feelings as jealousy, envy, or spite? With the INSPiRE P7800 from Creative you can do just that as your friends are practically blown away with your new 7.1 speaker surround sound system. The P7800 features 7 satellite speakers and a subwoofer for a total of 8 speakers giving you the absolute ultimate in 3D gaming, movies, and music! The 3 front speakers each feature a 3 inch midrange driver to deliver smooth and balanced tones. The subwoofer has a powerful 6.5 inch long-throw woofer to deliver deep clean base. While the INSPiRE P7800 is a 7.1 system designed specifically to work with 7.1 sound cards like the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, the good folks at Creative have thought of it all. You can hook up the P7800 to any 5.1 or 6.1 sound card, and the INSPiRE P7800 will up mix to full 7.1 surround with their proprietary CMSS technology. The included Audio Control Pod (ACP) remote control features controls for power, volume, and base. The ACP also has an integrated headphone jack. So make a difference in your friends, and um possibly angry neighbors, lives and inspire them with the awesomeness of the Creative INSPiRE P7800."

i dont think u need a 7.1 system, a 5.1 is enough and with those 70 watts u can have ur speakers really loud without having any distortion but go with whatever you want, and do u believe every advertisementl u see?

The sub on the logitech has 25w RMS while the sub on the creative has 24w RMS. The extra 20w in the creative speakers are from the 2 extra side speakers, which are 8w each, so the actual difference in the wattage is only 4w. But on the other hand, the creative has a larger sub than the logitech. So I guess it evens out. :confused:

Also, the logitech has a higher sound-to-noise ratio than the creative ones.

And as mentioned before, the logitechs look better. :D

hmm i would have to say that wattage isnt a measure of loudness, its how much wattage is being put out to the speakers. just because you have alot of wattage dosent mean the speakers can handle it all in high volume. 7.1 is for gaming and 5.1 is for movies. Most movies are only suitable for 5.1 because that is considered Digital "suround sound" and 7.1 is for gaming because you have all the diff channels that represent direction of sound from real life. i think personally that the side fill speakers are great because w/ 5.1 or 6.1 you can never tell if anybody is running at you from the side so it worx out for me. And just because the speakers themselves look better dosent always mean they are the best. as for me i got 2 600watt 15s for subs and the high end comes through horns. nwo i would say i have the "cripsest" sound lol. Yes if your wonderin i have pro PA sound equipment in my room to get better quality than any of these lil junk speaker systems. :D

Sorry for the double post but now ladies and gentlemen for the best in suround sound.
Heres A comfortable nice set up from Bose. this is something i would buy cause if you want the best in its class its right here.
http://www.bose.com/controller?even...ertainment/theater/systems/surround/index.jsp

Now for somethign i would dream of having but this is the best of the best ppl. I love JBL lol:D :cool:
http://www.jblsynthesis.com/product...YN-HERC_JR&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA
:eek: :eek: :amazed: :amazed: :drool: :drool: :firstlove :wooha:

Slayer said:
this might be slightly over ur budget if you also go with the audigy 2 zs, but these are the speakers i have and they are amazing.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121121
280 watts rms and a 100 watt sub. the sub is amazing. also it it THX certified, which means very good quality sound. its 140 on newegg, but new ones are goin for 100 on ebay.
I was thinking about suggesting these as well but I couldn't fit them into the $200 budget without dropping the sound card to an audigy 2 value, which is not worth it to drop from the zs.

Oh and PP you might want to realize he is on a $200 budget, all you seem to be doing is bragging about your sound system without suggesting anything in his price range.

actually if you pay attention i specifically said i use PA for sound, not a 6.1 or JBL top-of-the-line-gotta have money flowin outa your pockets-system. and the only reason i didnt suggest anythign in his price range is because what i thought of you guys posted. but yall where also posting about crisp sound so i posted something that would give you THE BEST sound lol. also if you look how can i run any of that on MY soundcard? think i would upgrade my sound card before i go buying any of that! Hell if i could afford that dont you think i would have a better computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom