Badut

Beta member
I just built a new system:

Asus A7N8X-X motherboard
AthlonXP2500
DDR333 Kingston RAM
LG DVD ROM
WD 80Gb HDD

Everything appears to be working ok except for the sound. The speakers emit a high pitched noise when the system is powered on. The sound persists as long as no audio is being played. Once I start playing a DVD or an audio CD, the sound is crystal clear. If I pause or stop playing the media, the high pitched noise comes back. Anyone got an idea what's causing this and/or how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Try moving the speaker cables away from the rest of your cables (eg. Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Power, etc)

I find that i get some static noise that seems to go with what is not my display, mouse movement or keyboard strokes.
However, as soon as I untangle the "cable farm" that is behind my PCs and make sure that there is some space between the speaker cables and everything else, i don't get the feed back.

I hope this works.

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't do the trick.
I moved all the cables around. I even opened the case and isolated the internal audio cables. Nothing changes.
Is there something else that could be causing this?

noise?

Just in case.... Check your windows volume controls, record and play, and try muting or turning down the varous sources. Sometimes there's noise on something you don't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom