Audio Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompyKid

Solid State Member
I built a new system about 3 months ago and the first month went great while running Windows XP Home, and I would eventually decide to upgrade that to Win XP Pro and that also went fine for about a month. However now I am having problems with the copmuter randomly restarting and getting the "System Recovered from a serious Error" message from Windows. I decided to click send report to get Microsoft's perspective and each time it will either say "Problem caused by device driver" or "Problem caused by driver for C-Media Audio [That's the onboard sound card for my MotherBoard]".

The system set-up is:
AMD Athlon XP 2700+
ASRock VIA K7VT4A+ Motherboard
512MB PC2700
80GB Western Digital HDD
Lite-On 16x DVD-RW
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 (Manufactured by ASUS as X-Series V9520)

The problem was really starting to bug me, so I put all my data on another computer and reformatted the HDD, but it still restarts whenever it wants to. I've had McAfee and Norton installed to scan for a virus and every known spyware tool to see if something of that sort was causing the problem, but I'm still not coming out on top.
If anyone has any idea as to how to fix the problem or if it could be a compatibility issue with my system or whatever it could be it would be appreciated.
It is also quite possible that the problem revolves around my video card as well because that seems the be the one component of the system that I seem to really have problems with.

Thanks for your help.

Have you shut off the system audio in bios?Do it if you're using a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom