Audio Cards: Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
creative teh sux0r. they might be good for games, i have no idea.

for a cheap but good card (but i think u have a good amount of money to burn)m try the chaintech something-710

if you want good cards, try the m-audio line (~$100, they have the 4xxxx [for the numbers] and audiophile, for better cards, try the m-audio firewire)

i'm pretty sure dj chris has better suggestions/know much more than me

If you want 5.1 and no higher, go with the Creative SB Live 5.1 card. If you really want a beast (and plan to use 6.1 or higher with it), get the SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer edition.

M-audio firewire 410 (if you have the money) (400$)
Revolution 7.1 (better than creative counterparts) (100$)
usb Audiophile (120-140$)
or
M-audio audiophile 192 or 2496 (140-200$)

all these cards are going to have higher sound quality and performance than the creative cards.

yea, but for games, i heard that creative was better

or are they the same?

meh , dunno

How wud u fellas compare the "quality" of audio between the SB Live 24-bit and the Audigy 2? I have a 2.1 speaker setup - which I plan to keep. But, I might get a very good headphone when I have some $$.

EDIT: In a 5.1 headset, is the difference between the 2 soundcards noticeable?.

^^^^^
A 25$ card is a joke, I think I heard a chaintech once.

M-Audio cards are great for the money, but they are not the easiest cards. They sound alot better than creative for sure as well, but creative is idiot proof.

Turtle Beach is another great company to look at, gaming \ home theatre cards with a great sound quality for a really cheap price.

Too bad I think turtle beach is discontuining the santa cruz, never heard a catalina really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom