ATI X800XT drivers..problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD64 3200+
Asus K8V SE
X800 Pro
Audigy 2
Win2k

I have the same problem. I didn't do any hardware changes to my system and then suddently the problems started. 5-20 mins of playing and computer freezes, black screen, etc.

Now here's some news: Rome: TW used to freeze in 3-5 mins, but when I took off my Audigy 2 and switched using motherboards audio card, I can now play RTW for 1-10 hours without freezes!

Also with WW2Online I used to get the freeze often (10 mins - 2 hours), but I have only got one in about 30 hours playtime since removing Audigy 2.

Some progress, but something is still wrong. Could this give you some pointers where the problem might lay? (I personaly blame DirectX 9.0c as besides display drivers, that's the only thing I have changed in my system before my problems started: My system used to work fine for about six months!)

I have run Memtest86 for hours, used AtiTool to speed up the cooler fan incase this would be overheating (I'm not overlocking), checked my CPU temperatures, tryed fast write off, tryed AGP 4x, tryed whit just one memory block, multiple display drivers (Omegas too), updated motherboard chipset drivers, updated bios, checked my power source, tryed fiddling with IRQ:s (with no luck, I still have every device using IRQ 11), checked my motherboard for broken capacitors, and what not.... Getting desperate here. :)

Ups... I googled this thread and seems the last post was a bit old.

Well... have you figured anything out meantime?-)

Ive got the same problem

Dimension 8400

x 800 xt

2gb ram

820 gb hd

sound blaster 2 etc...

and it was okay enoug pc, the hard drives kept on messing up on me so i just got a new one and put it in and then i had no problems,

proceded to format the 500gb hard drive and install everything onto that,

and installed counterstrike: source and went to play and it was grand for a while

and i went to get the drivers from ati.com and the ones i used before for so long werent there the older ones to the one's they have now, not the 34.7 mb's that are on there now

and i thought it was the drivers because it was fine until then so i looked everywhere for other drivers and it simply isnt worth playing counterstrike source with 20fps with these old drivers,

and i did't stick around to see if the game was going freeze up on me,

*********does anyone know what is happening with these ati drivers or is it down to my dell motherboard or something?*********

because i ran stress tests on the memory and other diagnostics on my system dell gave me and other programs, and its all 100% so it says???

apart from my pc being very hot inside, but it always was when playing counterstrike source or battlefield 2 for hours....

colmgolem@hotmail.com is my email and msn if you can try help me out please!!!

thanks

Well, judging from the overwhelmingly consistent replies and statements made from people with X800Â’s, itÂ’s obviously the card. As for the folks with 5200Â’s: reformat. That will most likely fix your issues.

Those of you with X800Â’s though, i'd say return the card and get some sort of a 6800 or 7800. or if you ABSOLUTLY must go with ATI, than an X1800XL since the XT's are almost non-existent.

Okay tried getting the new Directx 9.0c because they are all linked with that and that didn't work

i got 45 mins and it went on me,

did anyone out there actually fix it??

almost about to offer cash if someone can fix it! lol

please

, thanks

Annhilator, Cremated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom