ATI X800XT drivers..problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, its probbaly not his card.. its the fact that he might have his HT on in bios, which messes up the comp when under heavy load.

keep your comments to yourself unless you know what your talking about.

a nvidia card burnt out on me after 4 months of use without any overclocking and a good fan/heatsink.. explain that, genius.

What brand of video card did you have before the X800? if NVIDIA, you may still have some files present which conflict with ATI. Get something like DETONATOR DESTROYER to completely remove them. Did you download the latest drivers from ATI?
What about your control panel config. Did you check that out?

xxdryicexx said:
actually, its probbaly not his card.. its the fact that he might have his HT on in bios, which messes up the comp when under heavy load.

keep your comments to yourself unless you know what your talking about.

a nvidia card burnt out on me after 4 months of use without any overclocking and a good fan/heatsink.. explain that, genius.
'
Dont go ripping on Nvidia because YOUR card broke. You are right though it is a pc problem and not the cards problem. Besides the x800 is a awesome card so it isnt going to be a problem with the card.

Well i dont have the card yet .So all i can offer is some things to check.I would run memtest overnight.To eliminate and possible causes there.Are you running your memory on Turbo? Just curious ,I have the same exact setup :)(RAMBUS ROCKS ) .I would leave a slot open under the AGP card,i prefer 2 ,to help the heat escape.ATI`s run hot.Try disabling FastWrites in the ATI Control Panel.In your bios are you runing UC or USWC Cacheable or Uncacheable video?Id recomend USWC but test it anyway.
I run my ATI 9800 Pro at 1.5volts in bios setting.Check the recomendations for the card.ASUS default setting is 1.6 .
What kind of Bench Scores are you getting?
I like using 3Dmark 01se .My ATI card would freeze on the nature seen do to heat .Open slots under the AGP and leaving the rear tabs out remedied that .

"Dont go ripping on Nvidia because YOUR card broke. You are right though it is a pc problem and not the cards problem. Besides the x800 is a awesome card so it isnt going to be a problem with the card"

.... No one is ripping on anyhting.. I was simply trying to make a point that no one, either it be a person or a company, are perfect.. by saying my nividia card burnt out IS in fact nvidia's fault because it was a poorly manufactured chip, but thats not the point.. point is im sure people had the same problem with ati chips, therefor goign around saying "I've never heard these problems from nvidia users" is naive to say.

Have a great day.

xxdryicexx said:
"Dont go ripping on Nvidia because YOUR card broke. You are right though it is a pc problem and not the cards problem. Besides the x800 is a awesome card so it isnt going to be a problem with the card"

.... No one is ripping on anyhting.. I was simply trying to make a point that no one, either it be a person or a company, are perfect.. by saying my nividia card burnt out IS in fact nvidia's fault because it was a poorly manufactured chip, but thats not the point.. point is im sure people had the same problem with ati chips, therefor goign around saying "I've never heard these problems from nvidia users" is naive to say.

Have a great day.

No, your wrong. It was your manufatuer's fault. nVidia only supply the chips, while they heavily rely on OEMs to produce the boards. OEMs never get a good reputation, so they try to hide it by bundling stuff to cover up whatever could lead to future problems with the whole card itself. Bad board design with possibility of being short circuited could mean a huge difference in performance and could be the fuel to your hardware problems.

Back when the ti's just came out (I had a ti4400) nividia manfactured alot of their chips, therefor its nvidias fault :)

the Ti's were great cards, the best at the time. It also is more the fault of the company that is making the cards (not the chips). Say Visiontek, eVGA, PNY etc...but it think we got off on the wrong topic here.

-=B$=- said:
hahaha i never hear this kinda stuff about NVIDIA cardz lol

Haha, what about that vacuum cleaner of a card, the FX5800, that thing totally sucked, ran hot, and was loud as hell, and besides, the X800 is one HELL of a card, just like cocaine is one hell of a drug.

What brand of video card did you have before the X800?
it was a 9800 pro, but i did a total new install of xp pro when i installed the card

Did you download the latest drivers from ATI?
installed the drivers that came with the card (cataylst 4.5) and then upgraded to the 4.6 drivers

What about your control panel config
huh? how, and what am i looking for?

I would leave a slot open under the AGP card,i prefer 2 ,to help the heat escape.
i have 3 pci slots open under the card. its in the agp slot and the only thing i have is the audigy card, and its in the very bottom pci slot.

I would run memtest overnight.
how and where would i get that?

i will try the following ideas now, and see if that works

Try disabling FastWrites in the ATI Control Panel.
its the fact that he might have his HT on in bios, which messes up the comp when under heavy load.
In your bios are you runing UC or USWC Cacheable or Uncacheable video?Id recomend USWC

thanks for all the help guys. maybe i can get this thing running correct. i will leave a update after i try these things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom