Ati X800 <|=|> "ge Force 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.
winblowz said:
if u have a 15 in u should be running a 1024x768 lol especially w/ a 9800...

Nah, it seems more comfortable for me on 800.... although, i do leave my desktop at 1280x1024.

6800 all the way. about equal fps performance, plus support for ps3 and great image quality sells me on this. its a slight edge but for the money i want the best.Ati's 1 or 2 fps advantage is unimportant compared to the 6800's advantage in image quality

ok, I think I'll try the 6800 then.. I heard good things about both... I've always used ATI (except for this onbard gf4) but I think I'll go for the 6800 :)
thanks everyone

The 6800 card takes up to much space, takes a huge amount of power, and did I mention it's friggin huge? It takes up two slots! From what I've heard and seen, they're more or less equal, but the X800 is the better card. I've read on about it and I have checked my facts, and Maximum PC labels the ATI Radeon X800 a "Kick Ass Product".

take a look at some of the figgin benchmarks people, the 6800 ultra completley obliterated the x800 on the stuff it has. x800 has crap on it, a little better fsb and 256mb ram. the 6800 has alot better features and it is faster. Nevertheless the are both great cards.

Firefox, depends on the make of the card.

Considering the Power Supply is the MOST important item in any system .I have no problems Purchasing the best One to get the job done .Instead of buying cheap low end Units that never deliver the proper voltage .I would save my money and get somthing that will handle anything i throw at it.You save money in the long run instead of waist it.
2 slots is no big deal. In fact if you have a high end card now with no open slot below the card that will cause heat problems guaranteed.I NEVER put a PCI card under the AGP reguardless of the cards architecture. I run AIW 9700 Pro
9800 Pro, FX 5950 Ultra all with a slot empty under them.
The ATI cards have heat issues that affect there performance and even cause crashes.I remedy it by leaving the slots open and even upgrading the wimpy fans they put on them. In my opinion ATI cripples there cards with inadiquet cooling . Every High end Nvidia Based card ive used or tested . Has allways addressed the heat factor on there cards.I will be getting the 6800 Ultra soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom