ATI Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
No demo, not by far, I was just saying I'm not into the newer heavier gaming that an nVidia card could handle. Mostly just Quake3 and a lttle bit of CS, thats about it.
Other than that, my pc is primarily a work station, making spreadsheets, documents and some graphic work in flash.
Like I said before, it's mostly needed to just help me blow off steam when I need to release some pent up frustration lol.

Well, I went to my local pc shop and was going to buy the ATI, when he says hey, I have some GeForce cards .. so for 65 bucks, I got an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128ddr. For what I do I guess it was probably the best bang for my buck so to speak. :D

I think its funny how everyone always suggests the 6600gt card. The price is going to drop so drastically on that card in the next 6months that its not even worth buying now. It seems like everytime someone asks for advice on getting a card (myself included) they suggest the most expensive card when people are just looking for a not so expensive card.

Actually, its the 6800GT people always suggest, and I don't see why either. I usually suggest the card that would suit the user best. If they are a hard-core gamer with a large budget, yea, go for the 6800. However, most people don't need or can't afford a 6800 GT card. I personally know nobody who has one. I know one person with an X800XT Platinum Edition, and he's plain rich (his parents bought it for him.)

Just go with the 9800 pro. It will last you good for a while if your still playing some older games and even hl2 and doom3, it puts on quite a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom