"ati Rage Pro-blem! :=(..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
Hello AgainÂ…

HereÂ’s the problem: I have an ATI 3D RAGE PRO PCI display adapter. (Yeah I know, itÂ’s old, but it works.) It works fine for the most part, but IÂ’ve noticed that it runs a little to slowly, even for a card that old. Anyway, I looked in the display properties and found out that it only had 4 Megabytes of video RAM. So I took the card out, and discovered the problem:

ThereÂ’s an empty slot where the other 4 megabytes should beÂ…

ATIragepicturecopy.jpg

IÂ’ve done every type of search you can imagine on this port. And thereÂ’s no indication of what this port is on the card itself. Does anyone know what this is? Your help is greatly appreciated.
:confused: :cool:

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Hello AgainÂ…

HereÂ’s the problem: I have an ATI 3D RAGE PRO PCI display adapter. (Yeah I know, itÂ’s old, but it works.) It works fine for the most part, but IÂ’ve noticed that it runs a little to slowly, even for a card that old. Anyway, I looked in the display properties and found out that it only had 4 Megabytes of video RAM. So I took the card out, and discovered the problem:

ThereÂ’s an empty slot where the other 4 megabytes should beÂ…

ATIragepicturecopy.jpg

IÂ’ve done every type of search you can imagine on this port. And thereÂ’s no indication of what this port is on the card itself. Does anyone know what this is? Your help is greatly appreciated.
:confused: :cool:
you have to buy the extra video ram and put it in there yourself...... kinda a jip cause lemme gues the card says like "up to" 8mb of video ram cause it comes with 4mb and you have to buy the extra..... i would toss that card man

Did you try contacting the manufacturer? Or maybe getting some of the video ram from a local computer shop that sells used parts?

ATI doesn't even support that card anymore, so I doubt you could buy any from them now. A local shop or a Computer Renassance would be your best bet.

LOL i have the same card in my old toshiba infinia. I see them for sale used sometimes for $5-10 on websites all the time it seems. Maybe its a sign you should make a light upgrade too.

"ALL IN WONDER PRO PSX...!"

I just called ATI’s Support line. (And MAN did he set me straight.) I directed him to this topic, and he said that this wasn’t a RAGE PRO card at all! Turns out, this is an ALL-IN-WONDER PRO! I’ve been installing the wrong drivers all this time. No “WONDER” this thing was going so slow. And just so, After Installing the correct drivers, this card runs twice as fast as it did before.
I also found out what type of RAM this upgrade uses: 4mb SO-DIMM type 1, 100mhz
But hereÂ’s another problem. Where am I going to find this kind of RAM in only 4mb? What do you think would happen if I use a chip with a larger amount of ram in it?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom