ati radeon xt + new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOny mOnt4n4

In Runtime
hi i just got my new comp and put everything together and it works great. i just installed the newest drivers for my ati radeon 9600 xt and i installed all updates from windows updates. the problem is that in my graphics card setttings it wont let me change my agp and it says the agp is at zero. i have a gigabyte mobo that supports up to 8x agp and when i try to set it to that it doesnt seem to work and i dont want to play any games in fear that it will hurt something. thanks for all replies.

you probably saw that in Display/Display/Advanced/SMARTGEAR(tm) and AGP acceleration thing.

I'm not SO sure but thing on that place means AGP Texture Acceleration? Mine is also set to zero.

Check Start->Run->DxDiag then Display. If AGP Texture Acceleration is not available, then, blah. i dont know. this probably wont solve you anything. But it wont damage the card

make sure you are not running any onboard vid cards if you have any.. and if you do, try using the custom settings and bumping it up to 8x agp.. in my case, i have no problem bumping it to and from 0, 2, 4 6 and 8

I think someone else on the board recently had a problem with this.. they couldn't figure out how to change it, but everything ran fine.. if you break something by playing a game, I trust I'll see pigs flying outside =) You'll be fine

i installed the mobo drivers and my card is running at 8x agp but i still have a very strange problem. when i play cs i have 100 fps constant and low ms but i get almost constant 100 choke. i ran cs on another computer that was worse than the one i have now and i would never get choke but i have a router now could that be the problem?

routers only clog up your internet connection, has nothing to do with frame streaming. if "choke" means lag or whatnot, then routers are a very common answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom