ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Dual channel support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strategist333

In Runtime
Does anyone know if the following configuration supports dual channel?

Chipset: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP
Socket: 754
CPU: Turion ML-37

If it does support dual channel then would I be better off doing:

Base config: 512 MB (1x 512 MB) DDR SDRAM

1. Upgrade to 1024 MB (2x 512 MB) DDR SDRAM Dual-channel (+$100)

2. Upgrade to 1536 MB (1024 MB + 512 MB) DDR SDRAM (+ however much 1GB DDR SDRAM PC2700 costs)

These prices are from HPShopping.com; if they are insanely high, tell me; I don't want to spend extra money on RAM because I'm pretty sure RAM is easily upgradable.

Thanks

So I'd be better off just buying another stick of 1GB rather than 512 MB? (Is the price difference worth the extra 512 MB of RAM)

DDR SDRAM PC2700>>> Any links to quality RAM would be nice

O yeah.. speaking of that, one more question:
I contacted HP and they wouldn't tell me the manufacturers for their RAM; all they could tell me was that is was PC2700 DDR SDRAM (I'm currently asking them for latency and stuff like that)... Any ways, if the new RAM that I bought has lower latency and is used with higher-latency RAM, will that cause a (huge) bottleneck?

Thanks

I thought that as long as the RAM matched speeds and type that there wouldn't be a problem?

And what were you answer "Nope..." to? (Better off buying 1GB than 512 MB.... or creating bottleneck?)

Thanks

Latency wont be a problem (thats what the nope was for). Just put the worst latency in the first slot (DIMM 0) and the other will become the same. Same with RAM speed.

And I'm wrong about propritary RAM... guess thats only for desktop HP products.

First its 200M, might be a difference..

Well my laptop is Turion-based (Socket 754 if I'm not mistaken)that runs on ATI XPRESS 200m....

One more question: can I put DDR400 RAM in my laptop without it becoming unstable:: in other words, does the chipset/CPU support DDR400 (since HP gives DDR333)? If it does, would I be better off with 1 GB of DDR400 than (1GB + 256 MB/512MB) DDR333?

Thanks

Yeah you can put DDR400 in their

I belive the reason their usi ng DDR333 is for power efficency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom