ati radeon 9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
mourning

i have a 9800xt video card and it is running between 71 and 73 deg. celuis , was wondering if one of you fine folks could tell me if that is to high.

thanks much
harley

mine runs from 68-70 on typical summer days, where my room is like 80F hehe.. that's hot but i don't think too hot, I think ati says 80c is too hot for that card hehe

*edit*
here's a pic, mind you my room is about 63F right now..

9800xtemp.jpg

Thats a pretty good temp.ATI cards tend to run hot.There are alot better cooling solutions available for those cards.I modified the Stock cooling setup on my AIW 9700 Pro/9800 Pro/9800XT
They run alot better when the temps are down.If possible leave a slot (or 2 open) below the card.I found that alone helps the cooling.

wow, this is normal for a 9800? my 9600xt runs pretty darned cool. you might also update your omega drivers which i noticed are not completely up to date, just a suggestion even if it probably won't cool it off any.

jaksback said:
wow, this is normal for a 9800? my 9600xt runs pretty darned cool. you might also update your omega drivers which i noticed are not completely up to date, just a suggestion even if it probably won't cool it off any.

Damn, Jacksback.....man thats cool. I don't think my X800 has ever been that cool when the computer is turned on. What type of cooling do you have?

harley88 said:
mourning

i have a 9800xt video card and it is running between 71 and 73 deg. celuis , was wondering if one of you fine folks could tell me if that is to high.

thanks much
harley

And thats just normal, no games playing?

If its idle like that you might have a problem.

dang, mine is about the same. I dont know what those Omega drivers are, im running Catalyst i guess. but my room is pretty warm, i have my sound card right below it (dumb), and its right close to the wall kinda under this shelf (damn tiny a$$ dorm spaces).

dangit whats my problem how do you put images into here??

anyway my 9800XT says 72C and 411 celsius. With Overdrive just activated and nothing but IM's and Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom