ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB VS BFG nVidia GeForce 6800OC 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mission said:
so far the 2 /3 people who recommend the 6800 have one, so...i assume some sort of bias opinion...

Really, or are they just smart and know what they are talking about?

i find it ironic that this topic even exists. is there any doubt ? i mean .. the cards are like .. almost 1 year apart in technology.. id go with Nvidia hands down .. i mean. .. that card will still be good in a year.. while the 9800 good as it is is starting to become mid to low end

while the 9800 good as it is is starting to become mid to low end
Well the 9800XT on multiple benches has proven itself to be quite the contender, but still....it only came up top in 2 out of maybe 20 benches....soo yeah the 9800XT is still a formatible card, but as for the Pro or anything before it, it's really not worth it, when you can get next gen for the same price.

EDIT: Just saw this...posted it in another thread where a guy was looking for graphic card advice, and thought that this bit of info was rather interesting:

NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series' Technology Leadership Drives Dramatic High-End Share Growth
SANTA CLARA, CA—OCTOBER 27, 2004 —NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors, today reported that the rapid adoption of the Company’s leading family of 3D graphics processing units (GPUs) has moved NVIDIA into the number one spot in the Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, or high-end performance segment of the market, rising from 26% share in the second quarter of 2004 to 64% share in the third quarter of 2004 according to leading market analyst firm, Mercury Research.

Nubius said:
Yeah.....that or they know what they are talking due to experience since they infact DO have it and are informing you of it as a worthy buy

yea, sorry...i didnt mean it in a bad way, i meant to say something because you guys HAVE those cards, you have experienced how good it is. sorry if it seemed like i was being an ass lol..

sorry if it seemed like i was being an ass lol..
Nah not assholish, more along the lines of unopen to other brands? I can see why you'd think they'd be biased towards Nvidia, but they are just letting you know in their experience with those particular high end cards it's been great. Another thing is, being here in TF I've noticed a LOT more ATI video card troubleshooting requests and people having troubles with their cards...in a lot of reviews I read ATI has problems with their cards. Mainly the drivers, and currently the top ATI Cards don't offer DX9.0c and Model Shader 3.0 which Nvidia does ;)

i have an Nvidia card now...the only ati card..well it wasnt even a card...it was on onbaord ati rage thing...i have a fx5200 now, and a m420 on my other...both are crap...but i plan on buy the 6800 and putting the 5200 in my other comp. but never the less, you have to be careful for the fanboy responses...like the Pentium/AMD thing..

Yea um sorry but im a fanboy and i even admit when ati has something better. Like the last gen of Nvidia cards wernt all that great, but now the 6*** cards are the best so far. they even pwn the latest X800! I even talk w/ expeience cause i got one! Oh and its a whole gen later than the 9800.

The 6800 is king now, especially since the 9800 Pro is starting to become dated. The 9800XT and X800 Pro are still good cards, but will start to show their age very soon, especially in Doom 3 engine games where the 9800XT and X800 Pro choke. The X800XT P.E. isn't bad, but is beat hands down by both the 6800GT and the 6800 Ultra. You can't go wrong with a 6800!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom