ATI Radeon 9200...overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteg

Baseband Member
I just bought my new ati 9200 yesterday and installed it on my computer. Even with my weak Emachine, the graphic was nice, and speed was good. The only complaint about performance is that once in a while, the graphic seems to jitter, as in not as smooth. Only happens for about 1-2 seconds. Is that normal?

If not, in what ways can I increase performance (tweaking the graphic card)? I was thinking of overclocking it, but what are the pros and cons in doing so? I know that it will run hotter and decrease life (don't care too much since i'm going to get rid of the computer soon).

Thanks

i would suggest downloading the omega drivers.
www.omegadrivers.net
They are fine tuned and give good performane. However if you are not happy still, the omegadrivers come with radlinker, a neat overclocking utility. If you want to overclock, just move the speeds up by small increments at a time, and test in between, until it becomes unstable. Once you are happy, run the graphics on something pretty full on (3DMark03 or something) for about half an hour - an hour, and then shut your comp down. Take your case off immediately, and carefully touch the back of your graphics card (directly behind the fan/heatsink and also on the little mem chips). If they are too hot too touch, your card will die soon unless you put a new fan on it, or clock it back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom