Status
Not open for further replies.

deankenny

Baseband Member
hi i have just built my new computer
AMD Athlon XP 2.8
512 DDR 333mhz 2700
ATI Radeon 9200 256mb

And the Radeon card gets so hot that when i touch it it really hurts and can burn and its making my sys temp jump high, is there any solutions?

yep u can either purchase a water cooling system or... place a few fans with copper heatsinks :D that should work

another solution is to snatch the card out from its slot and frisbee it into the dustbin

haha i was joking with u wen i asked u to chuck it... yeah sys temp 35c is VERY good already, is ur graphics card kooler now? hmm wad did u do with it?

yeh it does seem slightly cooler now, its a Radeon 9200se 256 and it gets a low score on Pc Pitstop of only about 75, so im gonna take it back and get a GeForce fx5200 do you think thats an ok idea?

I don't know.. I have the latest Catalyst drivers for my 9200se 128 meg card, and I score 125-130 on pcpitstop every time. You must have a driver issue.. the card isn't top of the line, but it has yet to let me down. Your computer is alot better than mine in other areas, so there should be no reason the Vid card is sooo slow. Has to be a conflict, or driver issue.

no it cant be a conflict, i have just built this system, which drivers have you got have you got a link ill try that

Driver issues can seriously lower your scores on any benchmark, this is because the scores are theoretical and are not based on the actual hardware.

Fiddle about with older and newer drivers - but make sure you uninstall the ATI Control Panel and Display Drivers before you install new drivers. Don't install straight over the old drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom