ATI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
hey guys i've noticed on the ATI radeon video cards it has the number then it'll say All-In-wonder, SE, Pro, XT, or it won't say anything at all. what do all of these differnt things do to the card. it seems that with the same card just a diff ending with cost more or less. i think this will answer my question for when i decide on the card i'm gonna get, HELP. also is it the higher the number the better? ex, 9600,9800...

Those numbers are the series it belongs to. Example:

-Radeon 9500 series
-Radeon 9600 series
-Radeon 9700 series
-Radeon 9800 series

The letters are what makes up the series. They are like ranks. They can either be cheaper for people to afford or faster for those who have money to spend.

~All In Wonder = Card with TV tuner, Expensive.
~SE = Special Edition; also known as sucky edition. Cheap to afford. Price/performance is low.
~None = Regular series card. Runs at normal condition.
~Pro = Optimized for performance, a bit pricey, represents it's series.
~XT = Overclocked, expensive compared to Pro. Only availiable to the 9600, 9800, and X800 series.
~XT PE = Overclocked even more, in limited quantities. Only availiable to the X800 series.

what do you think is the best card suited for me. i'm 15 so i have limited money and i'm building a mid level gaming comp. what abou the x800 and so on and so on, they are new to me, what's differnt abou them compared the the other ones 9600 so on and so on.

for every thing, i don't want to spend more then 1g. out side of the comp i'm only going to get a monitor, key board, mouse, and what ever i need to get with the internet(my dad has a cable modem and i know this should go in the internet subject but it's braught up here so what do i need to hook up to the internet?)

ohhhh, i'm thinking no more then 300 because i hear you should have a good vid card if you wanna play games

thanks so much for the help! and it doesn't matter where it's from right? msi, ati, pny it's all the same?

i take back what i said, i guess pny is nvidia, i'll just stick with ati

Well, it does matter. I advise you to just buy Built-By-ATI cards. But some OEM companys offer stuff (bundles) that you might find attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom