ATi overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're banning all of CANADIA

and yes lol I spelled it canadia on purpose, just sounds funny in my head :p

Nubius said:
Ok, well the point of him linking that was because many times you've said 'NAH the X850XT beats out even an Ultra in doom3!' which clearly isn't the case,
I NEVER SAID THAT!!!
I know that doom 3 is NVIDIA's game. All I said was that the x850 xt beats the 6600 gt in doom 3, which it does!

Also what is with all the people saying nvidia's $200 card beating Ati's $800 card. Let's straighten some of that out right now. First off that is only one game. Secondly, the x850 xt which is what we were talking about is only $445, NOT $800!!! The only card that is $800 is the x850 xt platinum edition PCI-E version made by sapphire. But there are cheaper pe version that run on AGP.

Also no I was not lieing about the x850 xt beating two 6800 ultra's. On half life 2 it does happen, that's what I said.

And btw doom 3 and half life 2 are only 2 games out of many in the world, you have to remember that. On all other Direct3D and OpenGL games there is not as big of a difference between ATI and NVIDIA.

So saying that the 6600 gt is better than the top-end ati cards just because it wins at doom 3 is kinda stupid. You can't base everything off of one game. Otherwise I would invite you to look at half life 2 and then see who looks better, ATI or NVIDIA.

gaara said:
The former just totally contradicts the latter dude.

nice try at souding smart, dude.. but you will see I said what is gained from comparing Nvidias 6600gt, or even a 6800gt, neither of which are the flagsip model with ATI's flagship, the x850xt... Anything???

As i said in the second paragraph, I would like to see the benches which compare TWO 6800 ULTRAS to the x850xt, there is a major difference.

yeah but the X850XT is in a whole other category. An attempt from ATI to quickly max out their current technology, sell it as something new, and try and 'take the lead' in the graphics race.

Nvidia could just as easily make yet enother form of the 6800ultra and turn it into the 6850Ultra with absolutely no room for OC'ing since it's already maxed out, but that'd be lame of them.

man this is a really interesting soap opera lol :) .I could throw my 2cents in but im tired of reading hehe .Also i forgot what the subject was .Who hijacked this :p

VIII said:
nice try at souding smart, dude.. but you will see I said what is gained from comparing Nvidias 6600gt, or even a 6800gt, neither of which are the flagsip model with ATI's flagship, the x850xt... Anything???

As i said in the second paragraph, I would like to see the benches which compare TWO 6800 ULTRAS to the x850xt, there is a major difference.
The only major difference is 10-20 fps. And I'm talking about normal games besides doom 3. So don't go saying, "no there is 50 fps difference on doom 3"
Personally I don't think that small increase is worth all that money and having to have 2 video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom