ATi overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
dale5605 said:
ok actually the higher ATI cards like the x850 xt do beat the 6600 gt at doom 3 (I'm pretty sure anyway)
but on the same token at half life 2 the x850 xt owns two 6800 ultra's on sli. Now that's one ATI card pounding on two of NVIDIA's top card. So haha, sit down there nvidia.

well firstly, WTF is the point in comparing the performance of a 6600GT or even a 6800GT with an x850xt ... honestly WTf?

And i would love to see the benches where an x850 beats out two 6800U's.....

oh and it doenst matter by how little, .3 of a frame that the $200 6600GT beats the $800 x850XT is a f***** joke!!!!!!!!

hahahha lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol, look the single 6800 gt and ultra cards beat out the SLI gt and ultra setups. So in this case SLI DECREASES performance. I knew SLI was a waste of money, pfft.
Ok, well the point of him linking that was because many times you've said 'NAH the X850XT beats out even an Ultra in doom3!' which clearly isn't the case, but yeah as far as SLI goes, I think it's a waste, most already know that though.

And whoa look at this ATI is following in their footsteps and creating their own version of SLI type graphics

why is it when an argument has been lost, new members always seem to come in and add ????!

The fact is its only a difference when you get past the high end cards.

When you buy a $400 card from nVidia, your getting awesome performance in most games, and great performance in games like HL2 and other ATI sided engines.

When you pay the same for an ATI... you get performance a little better than nVidia on ATI based games and you get decent performance on other games.

Those are comparable to eachother, of course it is different when you get lower in price.

Aroudn the $300 mark the x800 XL holds the podium, $200 - 6600gt.

But when you spend so much money on a card get the one that is UNIVERSALY better for the price.

nVidia rules when you compare the price to the performance.

When you think about dropping 600-800 bucks on ONE ati card, be smart and get TWO 6800gts for the SAME price, with INSANE performance!!!

Granted you have to be building the complete computer, ebcause you have to have an SLI MB but still, ATI just plain isn't cost effective.

PS - Whoever said that thing about the old 8500 64mb...I have one too and it does more then I'd expect a 64mb card to do!

I got the benchmarks that show the 6600GT beating out x800XTPE from the link you sent me.
I see the x800XT scoring a 68.7, and the 6600GT scoring a 66.1, unless I'm missing something you can point out.

well firstly, WTF is the point in comparing the performance of a 6600GT or even a 6800GT with an x850xt ... honestly WTf?

And i would love to see the benches where an x850 beats out two 6800U's.....
The former just totally contradicts the latter dude.

why is it when an argument has been lost, new members always seem to come in and add ????!
Because iKon isn't new at all. He's Santoast, come back yet again

gaara said:
I see the x800XT scoring a 68.7, and the 6600GT scoring a 66.1, unless I'm missing something you can point out.

Okay, you officially proved the other side of the argument for me

x800 XT = around $400
6600gt = around $200

So for $200 MORE... you can get 2.6 more points!!!! whoohoo - go ATI for your unjust high prices!!!

There's no need to be sarcastic mate, those performance results come specifically from one game, Doom 3, a game that's easily recognised as an nVidia favoured game. I'm not saying that makes it non-applicable (it doesn't), but you've choosen to argue your point with an obvious fact.

SanToast/Frontside/whoever, your point is also unjust. nVidia competes nearly on par with ATi across the board.

It's totally unjustified for anyone to say "OMG nVidia SUCKS man!" or vice versa unless you are going to back up your claims with sources.

I've said it before and I've said it again, ATi and nVidia high range cards are both more than sufficent and anyone who can notice a difference and wants to complain or debate about that difference can hand their card over to me and I'll gladly relieve you of your burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom