ATi overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Yeah take a look at doom3 benches...
ok actually the higher ATI cards like the x850 xt do beat the 6600 gt at doom 3 (I'm pretty sure anyway)
but on the same token at half life 2 the x850 xt owns two 6800 ultra's on sli. Now that's one ATI card pounding on two of NVIDIA's top card. So haha, sit down there nvidia.

Also I think the pixel shader 3 argument it stupid.
"Oh look at me I have pixel shader 3!!" (yes that did rhyme)

"ok so what's it going to do?"

"umm, well it's doesn't really DO anything, but it's there!"

"wow that's nice, go suck a lollipop kid"

anyway so yea, umm :p
:eek:

oh and also I forget your name just now, your sig is WAY too big. You have to follow the guidelines.

ATI might not be all bad, but I have an X800 Pro and it plain sucks. I so easily could have had a 6800 GT which is still a good card and I wouldn't be as desperate for an upgrade. I just might have a different opinion on ATI if I would have had one of their better cards. X800XL is great value, and X850XT is good, just expensive.

How did ATI ever get away with selling the hunk of junk that is the X800 Pro, and is still charging $400 for it when the $200 6600 GT easily beats it?

not to start... er, stop a war, but didn't some guys in sweden or something set a world record in 3dmark with two 6800gts?

oh and also I forget your name just now, your sig is WAY too big. You have to follow the guidelines.
If you're talking about DJ-Chris his is fine, but beyond that it doesn't concern you so quit trying to be the sig police and telling people theirs are too big.

Yea man I wasn't going to buy a video card until about 3 months from now and I'm really not sure on which to get because there might be some other video cards out there.

beedubaya said:
ATI might not be all bad, but I have an X800 Pro and it plain sucks. I so easily could have had a 6800 GT which is still a good card and I wouldn't be as desperate for an upgrade.
Why do we care?

Sure you can blame ATI and hate them all you want for making the card, but in the end it's you who bought it. Very few people buy the x800 pro which is why it isn't doing so good, and that's why they dropped the price and sapphire is selling it for like $270 now.

I mean you should have realized what you were doing when you bought the card. You bought a card in which they disabled 4 pipelines to PURPOSELY make the card slower.

So because you hate ATI just for that is really stupid, it's your fault, there were better products you could have bought.

That's like me buying one of those 6800 LE's or whatever with 256mb of RAM and only a 128 bit bus and wondering why it sucks so bad for $320. If you buy the crappy cards you have to expect you are going to get crap, that's just how it works.

oh and nubius I wasn't talking to him, the guy I was talking to had like a 45 line sig. :p

I concede, I was dumb for buying the XSh*t hundred pro. Although I did buy it based on the suggestions of people at this forum, and also the early benchmarks showed the Pro beating the 6800 Ultra in Far Cry.

You see, the X800 Pro failure wasn't intended. Unlike the 6800LE, it wasn't meant to be a total crap card. The X800SE was meant to be that. Yeah, it was meant to be slower than the XT version, but you are wrong to say that ATI made it crap intentionally.

It was meant to be competition with the 6800 GT, when it was first released, before the X800XL came. The X800XL is what the X800 Pro should have been.

ATi VS Nvidia gets anoying.

just get internal like me! chek the graphics of my comp click link in sig

hellhole_1024_pure.gif

I got the benchmarks that show the 6600GT beating out x800XTPE from the link you sent me.

On the later tests the 6600GT still lags behind the XT a bit but still does damned well.

EDIT: Why did we decide to be a fanboy overnight, I mean from a normal person view you should not like another company overnight and find reasons to like it the next day.

You should find reasons to like the cards than like the company.

And I have a pro ATI reason right here, it supports my local economy :cool:

lol, look the single 6800 gt and ultra cards beat out the SLI gt and ultra setups. So in this case SLI DECREASES performance. I knew SLI was a waste of money, pfft.

@beedubya I hear what you are saying about the x800 pro. Ok so yes they probably did want it to be a reasonably fast card and they didn't intend it to be crap. But they still did purposely eliminate 4 pipelines. I mean a lot of the LE and SE versions of cards don't even go to that extent. 4 pixel pipelines is not just something you throw around lightly, that makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom