ATi/nVidia-I wil settle this once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know you all talk about the video cards. what type of screen are you using? if you want the best try this on for size its a totaly new technology that just hit the market and the screens are far better than anything i have eer seen the Nit ratings on these things are awsome and the MOD capabilities are infinate.
http://www.visionarydisplays.com

Nubius said:
Yeah, when graphics cards start getting beyond the price of entire budget systems it gets a little ridiculous.

Now-a-days you gotta be border-line rich or spoiled to be able to afford a good system that'll play Doom3 or HL2 at settings inwhich you can actually appreciate the graphics

Believe me, I'm far from being rich or spoiled. Its less of a "rich" thing and more of a "how do I want to spend my money" thing.

Many people don't have good systems because they would rather spend money on other things, such as cars or clothes. Me, I don't drive the nicest car and I don't buy preppy Abercrombie clothes, and instead I put my money into my computer.

poor old gefroce4... i bought a new one only this christmas and im happy! 128mb ddr ram, plays anything i want... and btw that includes halflife2...

a friend gave me a geforce 2 mx 400. it has a broken capacitor, and the capacitor (its not lost) do you think it has any hope to solder the capacitor back on?

I think that they both are very good companies, and both have flaws in the lines that they have.

As far as I am concerned, ATI cards are a better deal if you don't plan to upgrade, but nVidia are better if you want good performance all around that doesn't last as long.
I AM NOT BASHING, OR SAYING ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER, JUST SAYING WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE TWO COMPANIES...

Yan Booth

Many people don't have good systems because they would rather spend money on other things, such as cars or clothes.
Not really. My computer is all I spend my money on, thanks to my loser friend a year ago on my birthday I no longer have a car. And most would argue that I have an 'outdated' system since I'm still on Socket A, comes down to the simple fact on what you already have and IF you have money to spend on your computer and a decent enough job to get you that money.

Don't agree with that chart and this thread was never gonna solve anything:p

How come I have never seen a 6800 Ultra EE? Anybody have a link?:confused:

Zipzoomfly did have the 6800Ulta EE on their site at one point, was like $899, ridiculous.

But now I'm checking there again and can't find it.

im using a ati radeon 9000 and i play counterstike source. i got 50 fps on the stress test with 800 x 600, but i have seen 230+ fps at times.
Im surprised that thing can do that well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom