Ati or Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Ok i know mostly every on this forum is a ati and amd guy i like ati and nvidia but i need a video card badly have nothing now but osme crappy pci card ok so i found some good prices Nvidia 5600 ultra for 150 and nvidia fx5600 plus whats the diff?

and yess i knwo u guys are gonna suggest ati at the end :-D

Oh yeah forgot the specs so here they are Crushing Memory Bandwidth - 8.8 GB/Sec
MegaClock™ Enhanced 3.6ns DDR Memory up to 575 Mhz
Full DirectX® 9 and OpenGL® 1.4 Support
MegaGlass™ Technology - Dual Monitor Support
Features
128 MB of Ultra FAST 3.6ns DDR Memory up to 575 MHz
MegaGlass™ Dual Display Capability
256-bit Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
AGP 8X (Backward compatible to AGP 4X and 2X)
325 MHz GPU Clock
1.3 Billion Texels/Sec. Fill Rate
8.8 GB/sec Memory Bandwidth
81 Million Vertices/sec Through PURE Hardware T&L (Peak)
4 Pixels per Clock Cycle (Peak)
16 Textures / Pixel (Max in a single rendering pass)
CineFX® Engine
Intellisample™ Technology
Digitial Video Interface (DVI) Connector
Flat Panel Display Resolutions up to 1600 x 1200
Maximum Display Resolution of 2048 x 1536 @ 75Hz
TV-out Resolution up to 1024x768
Full support for DirectX® 9 and OpenGL® 1.4
DirectX® and S3TC Texture Compression
Driver Support
NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
Windows® 95 OSR2/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Complete DirectX® Support, including DirectX® 9 and lower
Linux Compatible

i like nvidia simply because they are easier to install and the drivers are more reliable

cas of 3.6? thats slower than crap, the crap memory on pricewatch is only 3.0 the good stuff is 2.0, id upgrade that first

Well, as you said, I recommend an ATI card, but it's your money. The difference between the 5600 and 5600 Ultra is about a 10% performance increase. The ultra is clocked a little higher (350/700) than the non ultra (325/550) If the ultra is much more expensive, it shouldn't be, then go with the non ultra version. From what I've seen, the ultra version is usually only $5-10 more, so you might as well go for it. By the way, do you require a PCI card? If so, never mind about the ATI recommendation, cuz Nvidia has the only DX9 PCI card.

nvalhalla i undertsand what ur saying but im not talking about the reguler 5600 im comparing a Fx5600 PLUS and a Fx 5600
the plus not regular

Okay, I love Nvidia - and AMD. Nvidia is more meant for gaming, and ATI is meant for making graphics.
Basically it depends on what you are going to do with it.

Get a 9800 pro and buy a Nvidia sticker for 2 buck's.Only we will know.Welcome to the dark side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom