Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
Can anyone give me some suggestion on whether I should get the
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB or
ASUS V9560TD GeForce FX 5600 256MB!
Also I am thinking to buy a xp2500+, can someone tell me the specification which will be good for overclocking?

Thanks in advance!

9600xt has higher core and higher memory just lacks 256 mbs but most demanding games today dont even use that 128mb on the card. And fx series does not have true direct x9. In halo they had to make an extra path of coding just so it was able to play in direct x9 on the fx5900. but the rest of nivida cards only work on x8 for those type of games. So that ati is better choice
radion
memory=600Mhz
Core=500mhz
memory=500mhz
core=325mhz

Yea, also as a suppliment to what was just mentioned, PC Magazine just did a "Best of 2003" and for video cards, ATI the only 2 mentioned....NVidia had 0 not even a mention of the manufac.!

-Mike

Buy the most expensive one or you will have doubts about if you made the right descision. If you spend the most money possible you can always say to your self that it was the best. Does not matter what new technology is coming out (PCI express) or that the card that cost $70 less is just as good minus 5fps or so. You want the piece of mind hat comes with having the best, and since you get what you pay for the most expensive must be the best.

get the radeon its better only kuz its faster, 128mb memory is too much for todays games, and 256 wont be used for a long time, get the radeon

but ati vs nvidia not a huge difference

ati is the best right now since the drivers for nvidia's FX series arent the best with compatilibity for dx9 and for ATI's quad pipeline. also with the bench marks ati's 9800xt beat the new FX5950 in all of the benches and FPS markes. and if your canadian go with ATI!

ps-9700 and up have 8 pipe lines. Bastards ati stopped making 9500 saying it was a crippled 9700 dont know where they got that from:rolleyes::D

I'm an Nvidia guy. ATI has a nice set of cards out, but they always have problems with drivers. That and Linux drivers rock for Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom