!!!!Ati Catalyst error on startup!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i just got my new radeon 9250 pci 246 mb and I install Catalyst tool manager and on start up it says cli.exe cant start.It wont start period. SO i uninstall reinstall and nope still dont work. I do that again but clean registry of it. Same again. I do all that again and delete the folder it was in and guess what? nope not working please help!

What is this the Catalyst control centre? You can't use that with the 9250. You have to use the ATI control centre.

I had that same problem when I was running an ati card. Its no big deal its just the control center.. You can access all that stuff in DIsplay properties. Just search your registry for that file and delete it so it doesnt start up. Or you could probably get rid of it in Add and remove Hardware.. Was never a big deal for me.

I think your Radeon 9250 is not the issue here. It should work fine with the Catalyst Control Centre. Have you installed the .NET Framework? Also if your running Windows XP have you installed the service pack 2? Another thing that could cause this problem to arise is a firewall. When I first installed the Catalyst Control Centre I had the same problem too but found out it was my firewall that was causing the problem. I had to enable the Control Centre to have local access, local server access, internet access and internet server access. I would recommend just using the control panel instead of the control centre. I found the Control Centre to be more hassle than good. The control panel works just as good. The firewall software that I use is Zone Alarm Security Suite.

Anyways I hope this is of some help and good luck.

well heres the best part is my firewall doesnt let me access internet when on so gay and i have sp2 and i know bill gates was an ass anf fed up on sp2 with the install and how gay it runs. I tried Zone alarm but got rid of it when my 2 friends computers got infected by it when it was traced to that source but ill look for that .net thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom