is ATI better than NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitri

Banned
What exactly is the difference between an Nvidia card and an ATI card? I want 256 meg video, and im contemplating the 256 meg gfx 5600, OR the ATI 9600 256 meg.

ANY help greatly appreciated, i dont get the big deal between ATI and Nvidia, ive just hears ATI is better quality!
thanks in advance
Dimitri

It all depends on who you ask really:rolleyes: Most say its ATI and I agree, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference really:confused:

For one thing, you should be considering ATIs top card, the 9800 as opposed to the 9600. Then you can make a better comparison. (By the way, I've heard much better things about ATI...simply better quality in general).

I've seen different every radeon card that I compare to my nVidia just doesn't seem as good, not as clear, not as good color quality. Plus Nvidia still has a way better driver system than ATI, and more games support nvidia better. I would never buy a Radeon card. Its just not worth it.

I, personally, would not buy ATI ever. I am an NVIDIA man, and dont plan on turning anytime soon. But, like anything else, it is someones choice of preference. It's like if you like Intel over AMD or vice-versa, or only liking Windows, or only Linux, etc... It's all a manner of how you look at things, really. But, go with NVIDIA, ATI sucks. To get technical, NVIDIA is more accepted among the game developers world.

The ATI 9600 would be faster then the FX 5600.. but i hafta agree with rest 'bout Nvidia's drivers...
That's part of the reason i went for the Nvidia.:)

preet2u said:
The ATI 9600 would be faster then the FX 5600.. but i hafta agree with rest 'bout Nvidia's drivers...
That's part of the reason i went for the Nvidia.:)

Preet2u, how is your card running? I am thinking about buying a mid level video card, and am looking at your exact same card. Can you run new games fairly well (ie: 800x600 with all the bells and whistles)?

EDIT: The XT model is a couple dollars difference...is it a better card?

Thanks.

I game quite a lot with my card .. n' i'm pretty happy with it .. Infact i run most games at 1024x768 in full details

I hardly have any issues with it .. It's a pretty decent card ..
U could even consider the 5600 ultra .. I picked this card up for all the xtra features it had (VIVO, Remote Etc..)

if you were to get the the equivalent model of say, an ATI graphics card and a NVIDIA card. they would be almost identical, but if you were to have any problems nvidia would be easiest to repair because of all the drivers that are available. i personally have used both though, and had no problems with either.

yeah nvidia drivers rock my nvidia card handles all my games perfectly and i overclocked it so its like having a 5700 :) my GPU is at 450MHz and my ram is at 825 Mhz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom