ATI All in wonder Version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuliaxe

Beta member
Im thinking of getting a ATI All in Wonder 9600 XT but im not shure about the versions because this is a TV Tuner card also.

Long story short... I live in Iceland, computer parts are expensive (about 60%+ from price in USA) so I would like to buy this card from the USA.

BUT... The USA has a NTSC TV system but Europe has a PAL version. Would This All in Wonder 9600 XT card pick up PAL signals? (eg. PAL BG, PAL M, PAL N...) or just the NTSC signal?

And then if just the NTSC signal... where could I buy the European version of this card... I cant seem to se any naming diffrences on there 2 diffrerent cards.

Thanks, in advance :)
Skuli.

There shouldn't be a problem using PAL on a card bought from the US, I believe it is just a software difference - you have to choose your region.

I'll look into it and get back to you.

Directly from US ATI site

TV Tuner Requirements
TV signal from amplified antenna or cable. Version included for:
NTSC (North America, Japan, and Latin America*)

*Features vary from country to country and depending on the television standard. Note that Latin American countries using the PAL M and PAL N standards including Argentina and Brazil are supported by the NTSC version.

For the All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500

Directly from UK ATI site

TV-tuner requirements
TV signal from amplified antenna or cable. Versions available for:
NTSC (North America, Japan, and Latin America*)
PAL B/G/D/K/I and Secam L/D/K (Europe and International PAL/Secam countries)

So it turns out that it does matter where you buy your card from looking at the US ATI site. I have sent a Technical Support e-mail to one of my UK suppliers to confirm whether a 9700 Pro All-in-Wonder card supports PAL as well as NTSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom