ATI 9600xt problem I think can you help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

wombat12

Beta member
Hi first of all I would like to thank you all for reading my probem.
I have a ABIT-NF7-S v2 board, 768meg DDR2700, LG 8x DVD burner, 16x pioner DVDrom, 80 and 40 gig hard drive,TV card winfast 2000 xp, 400w pus and powercolor ATI radon 9600xt 128meg. The problem is when I turn on the computer and when it gets to the XP logo there are colour strokes and dots that I call gliches on the screen. I also have black squeres in the Bios only when I first start the computer. If I'm in windows and resart my computer there is no glitches in the Bios or on the XP logo, as This problem happens only when you start the computer on in the morning or has been turned off four about a hour. I have tryed dissconeting TVcard, diffrent cpu, the power supply is new so is the AGP card I have the AGP card tested and thay say all right. If some body has had this problem and has fixed it I would like to now. Or if any body has any I suggestion. O the card seems to work ok, plays all the games ok and all the bench markes had good results. thank you.

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Although I am somewhat of a semi-newbi to a semi-experienced, I do have a suggestion. You've probably already tried this, but be sure that the vid. card is secured in it's slot and ensure that the monitor cable is secure in the back of the vid. card.

Thank you for your sugestions and yes I have tryed another monitor and checked all cabels, and the vid card is in the AGP slot propperly, but I discoved that if I turn off the quick test in the bios, the problem at the XP logo is clear. It seems to me that the card dose not like cold starts. Wombat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom