ATI 9600 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersianMafia

Baseband Member
Whats the difference between the ATI 9600se 128MB that is made by ATI and the HIS ATI 9600se 128MB?

I know they are both CRAP cards, but what exactly is the difference since on ncix they have a 50 dollar difference (the original ATI being expensiver). Do they both perform equally?

Unlike nVidia (only makes chips), ATI themselves make graphic cards under their supervision, as well they sell outn their graphic chips to manufacturers of video cards (called Add in board partners)

HIS being one of them, and as there are many, like sapphire, connect3d, asus. so I have seen ATi's own built more reliable in performance, as I have sold out couple of 100's original ATi built cards, and most of my buyers have bought in actula the same GPU card by some other manufacturer, and were having problems, and on getting Original ATi built, they didnt reported any.

other good manufacturers are:

Asus
Hercules (they stoped eventually)
Connect3D are OK as well,
WinFast (if they manufacture on ATi else I've seen there on nVidia, good cards)

maybe some card bundle with more software or accesories, therefore expensive a bit. Maybe one is 64bits, one is 128bits.

I'm with blind arrow on this one. Specially since you order it from NCIX, the warranty becomes a problem since you won't be able to return it to the store to get a new one if it craps out on you but would have to deal through mail with the manufacturer.

also, to add in didi's post, ATi's card neve ever came with any of the bundled games, they just started giving Half-Life 2 coupons with their cards, else they dont, as compared to other manufacturers like powercolor, HIS, Connect3D, Asus give out many games with graphic cards to make them sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom