ATI 9600 bit Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Question1:
Is "Powercolor" any good when it comes to ATi card manufacturers? (probably spelled that wrong...)

Question2:
How important is it to get a "128-bit" card over a "64-bit" card?Ive noticed that i can get a "discount brand" 128 bit for about the price of a 64-bit Asus or similar.

Question3: (for both questions above)
What kind of performance differences is there?

Thoughts? Answers?

I have the Radeon 9800 PRO but it is name brand, my friend has the radeon 9800 and it is from power color and so far from what i can see it is a really nice card, at a really good price. He bought his from new egg and paid i think 160 for it. Nice saying i got my 9800 pro from best buy and paid 340 for it.

The importance of getting 128mb all depends on what kind of user you are. Im a gamer till death. My game of choice right now is the mod Desert Combat for battlefield 1942. The graphics are very complex and in my opinion, you will only get best results from a 128mb card, and things are progressing so much, if you do play any games, a 128mb card is a must. But, if your just a word processing kind of guy i would say 64mb is fine.

Hope this helps.

I have a 9600 pro from powercolor. I can't tell you if the performance of this particular card is slightly better or slightly worse than one from another manufacturer, but mine has worked flawlessly for 6 months.

I'd go with the 128mb version. If not for games today, doom 3 and HL 2 will use the extra 64 megs well.

If you're not going to use this card for gaming or 3-d rendering, go with a cheaper card.

Sorry, didn't read that carefully enough..

128 / 64 is probably refering to the data width.

The data width determine the range of colors can be display through the graphic card; The higher the data width is, the more colorfull picture you can have.

I've only tried the 128 bit version, so I'm not quite sure how big of a difference it makes.

ok thanks bunch

once i get a bit more money, ill probably buy the 9600.

is there much of a difference between the 9600 and 9600SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom