ATI 5870 Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyna-DA

Solid State Member
I run a 650w Stealth modular PSU non molex, I have searched scan but cannot find the suitable cables.

There are two ports on the card a 6 pin and 8 pin, the only cables I got with the card was a 8 pin splitting into 2x6pin vga's, which do not fit my psu at all.

My psu has 8 pin ports for power to cards, does anyone know of any cables I could buy that might work instead of spending at least 80 on a another decent psu?

Well I have two power cables but I need a third, it has to be 6pin to 6 pin to fit the vga and my psu port, the brand is OCZ.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-500W-Mo...FD4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294272190&sr=8-1

Mine is the 600 version not 650 sorry.

I believe this is the one, it is SLI compatable so in theory it should be able to support crossfire too, although I am only trying to connect one 5870 to this PSU, I know I will need a better psu to run duals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-600W-Mo...KK/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1294272275&sr=8-20

You have two cables but there both 8-pins or are they both 6-pins?

This adapter will change a single 8-pin pci-e connector into (2) 6-pin pci-e connector.
8-Pin PCI Express 2.0 to Dual 6-Pin PCI Express Adapter Cable - 4" Products Model: PCIE2-DUALPCIE [PCIE2-DUALPCIE] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

This adapter will change a single 6-pin pci-e connector into a 8-pin pci-e connector.
6-Pin PCI Express to 8-Pin PCI Express 2 Adapter Cable - Sleeved Products Model: PCIE-PCIE2 [PCIE-PCIE2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

You have two cables but there both 8-pins or are they both 6-pins?

This adapter will change a single 8-pin pci-e connector into (2) 6-pin pci-e connector.
8-Pin PCI Express 2.0 to Dual 6-Pin PCI Express Adapter Cable - 4" Products Model: PCIE2-DUALPCIE [PCIE2-DUALPCIE] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

The first link looks like it willl do, it seems to change one 8 pin into 2 6 pins and it seems like they will connect to the vga adapter on the cable with the card, however its a us company and im in uk :(

Will they even deliver just for a cable?

This adapter will change a single 6-pin pci-e connector into a 8-pin pci-e connector.
6-Pin PCI Express to 8-Pin PCI Express 2 Adapter Cable - Sleeved Products Model: PCIE-PCIE2 [PCIE-PCIE2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Both cables are 8 pin into 6 pin, 8 pin into psu and 6 pin to connect to card but the card requires 3 6 pin connectors.

Both cables are 8 pin into 6 pin, 8 pin into psu and 6 pin to connect to card but the card requires 3 6 pin connectors.

A 5870 that requires (3) 6-pin connectors? Then why did you say this in your 1st post?
Lyna-DA said:
There are two ports on the card a 6 pin and 8 pin,

I've never heard of a card that needs (3) 6-pin connectors. The adapter cable that comes with the card doesn't have to be used.

From what I can tell all you need is this connector instead of the one supplied with the card.

Actually, after looking at the OCZ website your power supply came with (1) 6-pin pci-e cable and (1) 6-pin+2-pin pci-e cable. You shouldn't need any additional cables. The 6-pin+2-pin works as either a 6-pin or an 8-pin.

OCZ 600W StealthXStream Power Supply OCZ Technology

OMG your right I wondered what that 2 pin was for *slap*

Wonder if I got time to install it haha :(

Thank you slay, not my finest hour :(

Be back in 30 mins going to test this out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom