Athlon XP 3000+ Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth spud

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have just purchased an Athlon XP 3000+ and I have read a lot of reviews saying that the 3000+ does not run at 400 MHz fsb only 333 MHz. I bought this item off ebuyer and it advertised it at 400 MHz fsb. Do AMD make a 400MHz fsb model or is it just false advertising. If they do make a 400 MHz version how can I tell if my chip runs at that speed?

At the moment the chip is only running at 1 GHz coz I have crap ram so I just also purchased 1gig of pc 3200 RAM off overclockers.co.uk, could someone tell me if this RAM is ok (I have a tight budget)

http://www.twinmos.com/dram/dram_p_dt_dualchannel_ddr400.htm

ps I am a little confused buy some of the new graphics cards out at the moment. What I mean is that some 256mb cards are only a few quid dearer than the 128mb cards why is this? Does this mean that the 128mb cards are just as good as the 256mb cards?

thnx

Darth_Spud

First of all, amd makes 3000+ with 400 FSB. And they make 333 fsb So i don't know if the seller ripped u off or if u have 400fsb. Next i am not to sure of that ram, i personally would go with corsair,kingston hyperX or OCZ. For video cards the 256mb memory interface is not needed for any games out and should not be needed for a while. The 128MB video cards are proven faster. Some video cards you want to look are: ati radeon 9800 pro,9600XT(if on a budget),9600 pro if on a budget. The 9800 pro is a really good card and awesome price toof or it.

The XP 3000+ does not come with a 400fsb as far as I know mate, sorry:confused:

That RAM is good if your on a budget;)

Go with a 128mb card, the ones mentioned above are good;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom