athlon and nvidia geforce4 issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2004, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy athlon and nvidia geforce4 issue

If anyone can help, great!

I just bought NHL 2005 by EA Sports and well, it ran very poorly graphics wise. I thought to update the drivers and all other computer stuff,...well, the game starts fine and everything appears to work,...but when you get to the actual gaming screen (playing the thing) the entire screen gets distorted. I am totally confused now because even my MVP Baseball 2004 (which played fine before) has the same issue, what gives? I update the nvidia driver and everything falls apart, are my specs,...

1.67 GHZ
256 MB RAM

my video driver card under My Computer says:
MSI MS-StarForce GeForce4 MX 440/MX 440SE (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440/MX 440SE)

Hopefully someone can help,...

Old 11-02-2004, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to madmonk888

im not like .. a gigantic expert on stuff... but i also have a geforce4 Ti 4400 and an athlon CPU. Now .. i have NO idea why your computer would go nuts during gameplay ... BUT im pretty sure that nvidia likes to leave files from previous drivers around on the computer, and this can conflict with new driver files... now .. go and google something like .. nvidia nasty file remover .. which should remove all nvidia leftover files... and make sure you get the newest driver from .. nowhere else but that .... and the poor gameplay could also be from outdated computer. soo.. thats all i know .. but the distorted images sound like conflict with other driver

AMD 64 3500+ 939 Winchester/no o/c
MSI K8T Neo2
MGE 400w PS
2X 512 meg ram sticks/generic
PNY 6800 GT 256MB running stock
Western Digital 80 GB HDD
Soundblaster Live!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Detonator Drivers have a program to totally get rid of Nvidia drivers, but he should still be able to install new drivers without having any conflicts. Have you made sure to update such things as DirectX so that you have DirectX 9.0c which is the current latest DirectX out there..
Closed Thread