athlon and nvidia geforce4 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

eajunkie

Beta member
If anyone can help, great!

I just bought NHL 2005 by EA Sports and well, it ran very poorly graphics wise. I thought to update the drivers and all other computer stuff,...well, the game starts fine and everything appears to work,...but when you get to the actual gaming screen (playing the thing) the entire screen gets distorted. I am totally confused now because even my MVP Baseball 2004 (which played fine before) has the same issue,...so what gives? I update the nvidia driver and everything falls apart,...here are my specs,...

WINDOWS XP
AMD ATHLON XP 2000+
1.67 GHZ
256 MB RAM

my video driver card under My Computer says:
MSI MS-StarForce GeForce4 MX 440/MX 440SE (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440/MX 440SE)

Hopefully someone can help,... :(

THANKS!

im not like .. a gigantic expert on stuff... but i also have a geforce4 Ti 4400 and an athlon CPU. Now .. i have NO idea why your computer would go nuts during gameplay ... BUT im pretty sure that nvidia likes to leave files from previous drivers around on the computer, and this can conflict with new driver files... now .. go and google something like .. nvidia nasty file remover .. which should remove all nvidia leftover files... and make sure you get the newest driver from nvidia.com .. nowhere else but that .... and the poor gameplay could also be from outdated computer. soo.. thats all i know .. but the distorted images sound like conflict with other driver

Detonator Drivers have a program to totally get rid of Nvidia drivers, but he should still be able to install new drivers without having any conflicts. Have you made sure to update such things as DirectX so that you have DirectX 9.0c which is the current latest DirectX out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom