athlon detected as DURON??/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Athlon5

In Runtime
i set my athlon xp 2500 ulocked) to 13 x 166 sometimes and sometimes 13 x 167 and usually keep it at 11 x 167,

everytime that i set it at 13 multi with either fsb i get it to run at 2.2ghz and detect as ATHLON XP 2500+

when i set it to run at 11x167 or 166 i get it detected as ATHLON XP 2500+ 1.83ghz.

now i set it to 13 x 166mhz and its detected as DURON at 1.74Ghz wtf is ths?

i go to my computer and irght click to properties to get to it

dammnit?

Yes, you would have to mod bridges to get a multi higher than 12.5. A CPU has either the higher or the lower multis available (depending on its default multi). In the CPU itself there are "spots" for each multi. Each "spot" respresents 2 different multis. 5 and 13 use the same "spot," for example. Now, the CPU is set to use one set of the multis for each spot, not the other. So, by setting it to 13 in the BIOS, it goes to the 5/13 "spot" on the CPU. But, since the CPU is designed to use the 5 in that "spot" and not the "13," it goes with the 5. When you mod the bridges, it will tell the CPU to use the other set of multis for each "spot." So, after modding the bridges, if you set it to 13, it would go to 13 instead of 5. However, that also means that if you set it to 12.5, it would go to 20.5 (I believe), not 12.5. You would lose the multis from 5 to 12.5. But, to make it simple -- don't do the mod!!! You don't want the multis above 12.5. If you want a higher OC, raise the FSB, don't keep upping the multi. Most people who do the multi mod are trying to get the lower multis cause they have a high stock multi, like 13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom