Athlon 64 PCI E System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcslave

Baseband Member
Hey I'm Trying to purchase a new compy, and after getting sick of trying to find a PC that suites me im tryin to design my own this is what i got so far:

Asus A8V-E DELUXE K8T890 $279
AMD Athlon 64 3000 Socket 939 $245
Western Digital 80G WD800LB/BB Caviar 7200RPM $90
1 Gig o Genric Ram DDR 400 $205
Gigabyte GV-NX66T128D GEF6600GT $350
Some geniric crapola case and 400W psu for $55

All prices are in Aussie Dollars does this look like a rasonable gaming system on a budget is there anyuthing you would change also i havent really considered an intel based system should i?

Thanks

If you want to use a computer for gaming, AMD is for you. That processor, mobo, and graphics card is a good choice. Generic ram isnt the best, try to get some brand name ram like Kingston Valueram. Also, generic power supplys can cause damage and unstability over long periods of time. I suggest a Antec case because they bundle with good Antec power supplys.

Wayne

I thought that but could nt find "valueram" as you call it approx wat price would a gig of it cost
Ive had my generic PSu for 3 years now and i havent had any probs or is this kinda problem a trait of new pcs

you should get 2 PC-3200 512MB 184-PIN DDR SDRAM CAS2.5 VALUESELECT Corsair Ram sticks and put them in a Dual Channel configuration. You can find them on www.auspcmarket.com.au . Ive had generic PSU's ruin my motherboard and gpu.

Wouldnt a warranty cover that in some way.
If not the manufacturer then the store?

Asus A8V-E DELUXE K8T890 $279

That motherboard is not too good, Rather get a nForce 4 Board. Either DFI or MSI , Asus also if you don't want to wait for the others. Don't get a Abit AV8 3rd eye its a crap board, if you wanted AGP with 939 socket the MSI K8N NEO 2 is there.

As for the PSU get a good brand 400w or more check the 12v rail out make sure it has more than 20Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom