Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
I have never tried this processor driver on their website. Does anyone else use this?
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

I would like to know what exactly it does and if it is worth it to install like if it improves performance at all or what not. Obviously it won't work on my 64 bit windows but I would use it on my 32 bit partition.

Also will this work well even if you are overclocking? Or is this just something that does things automatically and doesn't really work if you want to do your own overclocking.

It looks like its a sort of intellegant system for your CPU that just adjusts the CPU timings etc to suit the current CPU usage.

So if you using the CPU alot in some processes, the voltage will be uped etc to increase the Ghz and decrease the Ghz when its not in use.

I don't see why it shouldnt work when the CPU is O/Ced, the program won't know any different.

So I'm wondering would this actually boost performance? Does anyone else use thie driver and see a performance increase as opposed to without it?

And what really baffles me is AMD is the first ones to start making 64 bit processors and yet they don't offer a 64 bit processor driver? What the heck is that. How can they have a 64 bit processor, and a 64 bit beta OS, yet no 64 bit CPU driver. Whatever AMD...

It just looks like it's a utility built to increase voltage while the CPU is under load, thus improving stability, and decreasing voltage when it is idling to reduce heat dissipation.

Seems similar to Cool 'n' Quiet.

In my opinion, I don't like software changing around my settings, especially without me knowing about it. I prefer to have one configuration that is set in stone, that way I don't have to worry about instability or heat.

Then again, I'm a control freak.

If you are overclocking, I strongly advise using any software which will adjust voltage and clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom