Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i recommend going with pc3200. I have 1 gb in my computer and its unbelievable how fast it is. go witha good brand i went with a cheaper one and of the sticks is bad so i have to take it back but the good sticks which is only 512 works awsome so i guess u could say i only have 512 in my comp at the moment.

codeus said:
Yeah, I'm looking at around $250 for mobo w/cpu, and $200 or so for the graphics card. The 6600GT sounds perfect. My last question, should I get new memory, I already have 1gb of PC2700, but I suppose upgrading to PC3200 would be good? And is having dual-channel that important? And which would get better performance, 2 random 512mb's or one 1gb stick.

For dual channel get 2x 512mb sticks
A MSI K8N NEO2 + 3000+ Will be about $280

And is having dual-channel that important? And which would get better performance, 2 random 512mb's or one 1gb stick.

Dual channel isnÂ’t that important and you wont really see a big big difference in performance over single channel.

If you do decide to get a motherboard with Dual channel then you should get 2 x 512mb stick.

Make sure they are the exact same stick as each other in size, speed and manufacturer or else it wonÂ’t work.
So you cant just get 2 random stick of 512mb ram it has to be the same.

Neosteve

neosteve said:
Dual channel isnÂ’t that important and you wont really see a big big difference in performance over single channel.

Neosteve

Dual channel will give you a nice boost in memory bandwidth :)

when did the 120nm technology came into being?

anyway, as beedubaya said, yes Cache increase does effects performance, as Cache is most expensive in Processor.

and 90nm means that you can embedd same numbers of transistors in same space, even expandibility. theorotically the 90nm yield helps minimizing the heat disapation, which Intel couldnt achieve due to current leakage which is still out of control. but AMD coming afterwards in 90nm wafer. have efficently controlled everything. other factors being IBM's SOI technology and blah blah.

wait for little time, as unlike Intel, AMD started thri processors from lower clock so that they can move upwards afterwards in 90nm wafer.

in 3-4 months time, they'll hit the 3500+ based on 90nm wafer. or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom