Athlon 2700 displays as 2100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranman66

Solid State Member
I don't get it, i have returned the CPU and got another one, it still displays at 2100 even tho is AMD Athlon 2700+. Is it the Motherboard thats doing this? If so, am i underclocked?

Head into your BIOS and set the correct model for your processor (in this case, the 2700+), or set the FSB and multiplier manually (FSB 166, multiplier of 13). The correct frequency should be near 2.17GHz.

Well with that chip the Multiplier should be locked and he probably can't even change it but yeah, dude...you didn't even need to return the first processor...it's because like Martin said...in your BIOS Currently the CPU FSB is sitting at 100 or 133 and you need to go in there and change it to 166 and also like martin said make sure the multiplier is 13 or just leave it AUTO should work too....

Head into your BIOS and set the correct model for your processor

I've never seen a BIOS where you can simply select what kind of processor you have. Everyone I've ever put together you have to adjust the FSB to the correct FSB for your processor

Is FSB is your CPU clock? well, mine only goes up to 165. so should i change it to 165? and where can i change the multiplier??

anyway, my FSB on the CPU is 333, so what and how should i do this? i don't want to overclock.

There's probably a jumper on the board that regulates what Frequency you can put it at. Yes the FSB is your CPU Clock in this instance that we are referring to....you need to see if there are any jumpers on your motherboard related to CPU clock frequency...there was one on My brothers motherboard that made it default to 100FSB and as soon as he took off the jumper it then allowed him to control the FSB and it automatically set itself to the correct speed....I think you may also be having this same problem.

You can't get to 166 because your AGP:pCI bus isn't locked and so when you're raising the FSB it wants to raise the AGP and PCI bus too....if you have a jumper like I said, that should fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom