Athlon 1500+ Palomino & gigabyte mobo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytimberwolf

Beta member
Hi,
I had an old Gigabyte GA-7IEXH setup with a 1GHz Duron and 512mb Ram. I have had this system running on Windows ME probably since ME came out, so a pretty long time. I set up a new system and thought I should at least try to keep this one around.

So...

I ran across a Athlon 1500+ Palomino core with 200 MHz FSB. It seemed to match on all specs required by the board so I thought it'd work. I got myself some arctic silver 5 and threw in the 1500. I used the same heat sink that was on the duron.

In any case, the system would power up but nothing - no beaps, nothing. I panicked and threw the duron back in - same thing. Nothing. Now this system is dead. Is it toast or could it be salvagable?

If it is dead, would anyone know where I could get a socket A mobo that would support the 1500+ palomino and old 168pin ram?

i would check all connections before you panic
I accidentally unseated my graphics card when swaping chips and i thought i killed the system you need to take a deep breath a double check everything

if i were you i would not use the old hsf

I removed everything from the system except for the ram and cpu (Duron) but still no beeps at boot. Even the video card was removed.

I'm guessing I killed the mobo somehow...

Any recommendations on mobos that support palomino and 168pin ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom