athalon 2600+ showing as 1250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

concept

Solid State Member
hey all,

my athalon 2600+ is showing as a 2000+ in the bios and it only says athalon xp when i go to properties on my computer.

well for the 2600 i think that is the correct frequency. your CPU is running at the speed it was meant to run at. XP chipsets run at lower frequencies than comparable intel p4's. 2600 means it is comparable to 2.6Ghz not that it actually runs at that frequency

yea i kno that but it is supposed to clock at 2.083 because it clocked at that for a while and now it does this for some reason, also it said on the box that it clocks at that speed.

thanks
carl

ok if its being detected as a 1250 on POST like mine was go into the bios and for cpu frequency set it to 166mhz with a cpu multiple of 12.5 that puts it at ~2075mhz with a 333FSB

would that be like overclocking though?
i dont want to do anything that may be detrimental to my proccesor.

thanx

And if that doesn't work just manually jump up your FSB settings in your BIOS. I had to do that when I did my 2600 install.

oh crap, i thought you said 2000mhz. i now see you said 2000+, whoops. check in your BIOS the CPU external frequency should read at 133mhz if your 2600+ is the 266 front side bus version

or your CPU external frequency should read at 166 mhz if your 2600+ is the 333 front side bus version.

i am willing to bet you have the 2600+ 266FSB version and your CPU external frequency defaulted back to a 100mhz.

I think all the 2600's where 333mhz fsb. Unless it's a Barton, and I think those where too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom