asus X800XT 256mb costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontStealMyFish

Baseband Member
asus X800XT 256mb outrageous?

how often do video cards improve, and does anyone think the x800xt price will go down fairly soon?

whoa whoa whoa....startes don't get ASUS, on a second note don't get that ATI card, the nvidia 6800 blows it out of the water. Trust me. Rather..trust BEEDUBAYA he needs to be in here. He purchased one and he'll tell you it sucks. Besides that ASUS sucks balls now-a-days. get eVGA brand 6800...if you wait until the end of the year nvidia will release the 128mb DDR3 yes DDR3 memory 6600 series. The 128mb of the 6800 doesn't even have DDR3 memory and it'll have 8 pipelines and again will blow the ATI equivelant out of the water...and that 6600 card will be $199 I believe. Best bang for your buck right there. I think thats what I'll wait for

well i dunno, what makes the ati card so bad? it has 16 pipelines and 256 of gddr3 ram, and i was looking at some benchmarks(even though i have my own feelings about benchmarking in general) but besides that the benchmarks didnt seem all that bad compared to nvidias newest card. also anybody know hwo often graphics card improve on average?

Personal preference is the deciding factor:rolleyes:

For mid range cards, the 6800 GT is better then the X800 Pro.....

But the line becomes hazy with the top of the range cards:confused: Both are very good and both are highly recommendable, you can't go wrong with either;)

I personally prefer the X800XT alittle more, because I think the 6800 Ultra looks to goofy and don't like the idea of 2 power connectors, but thats just me:)

Prices will come down when they are mass produced:rolleyes:

This is the one I am gonna get:D

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320804

The Merlin said:
Personal preference is the deciding factor:rolleyes:

For mid range cards, the 6800 GT is better then the X800 Pro.....

But the line becomes hazy with the top of the range cards:confused: Both are very good and both are highly recommendable, you can't go wrong with either;)

I personally prefer the X800XT alittle more, because I think the 6800 Ultra looks to goofy and don't like the idea of 2 power connectors, but thats just me:)

Prices will come down when they are mass produced:rolleyes:

This is the one I am gonna get:D

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320804

The X800 XT P.E. isn't a bad card, and it is a good match for the 6800 Ultra, achieving both 12,000+ on 3DMark and 80+ on the Doom 3 timedemo. The X800 Pro really suffers because of the lack of the 4 extra pipes the XT has. I also believe those 4 pipes are the reason the 6800GT slaughters the X800 Pro so badly.

I may look into doing that X800Pro mod, because it will cause quite a performance increase.

i got all the parts for my comp except the vid card and cpu, i was goign for greatness, so i would liek to get the amd 64 fx53...but that shit is so expensive.... i wish it wasnt so costly... really backs up the finish date

Im tellin you.....you'd be better off with a eVGA 6800GT and just overclock it to Ultra speeds. eVGA puts on the same heatsinks on all their cards whereas other companies will put lighter heatsinks on the smaller cards...thats why the GT can OC so easily. It might have the same stats but that doesn't mean crap. Doom3 review I read specifically stated the 6800 outperformed the X800.....I think ATI Rushed that card out for competition but hey it's your money

Yea, Nubius is right. You are still better off getting an eVGA 6800GT. If it were an X800 Pro you were considering, there would be no way in the world that anybody save Agex000 would tell you to go ATI. The X800 Pro gives you mid-range performance at the cost of a high-end card. However, the difference between ATI and Nvidia becomes much, much closer when you start comparing the X800XT P.E. with the 6800s. But still Nvidia wins.

Nubius may be right.... but only on doom3... So if you're gonna play doom3 and nothing else, sure go Nvidia, but if not don't listen to Nubis, or people that agree with him... Wait a sec, i agreed with him.... Hmm.... excluding me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom