Asus Onboard Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

In Runtime
Ok.. Here's the deal.. As some of you know, I finally put together that system that I had been asking about for so long.. Now I'm getting a little crazy.. I want to shove the audio output to my Home Entertainment surround sound system (since I finally got the video out feature working properly.

Problem is.. How the crizap do I do it? lol..

I have a standard 1/8 audio out and I have a SPDIF socket that looks alot like it will take a standard RCA connector. My surround sound system uses standard RCA jacks, but it needs a connector for both the left and right channels. I do have an audio in on the back of the VCR, but I don't know if that will take the signal from the mobo.. Anyone have any ideas?

Alexander

first before you plan too far ahead i must say asus makes the worst onboard sound anywhere. i have an asus a7n8x deluxe board and the 2 speaker stereo sound on it is horrible not to mention my games get messed up because of the sound. other customer reviews have said the 5.1 surround sound is a joke.

i would invest in a separate surround sound audio card. you should be able to get audio connectors/ adaptors/ splitters for those pretty much anywhere like bestbuy, circuit city, radio shack. all of the audio configurations are in the motherboard manual, good luck.

ive actually heard that some people like the nvidia nforce sound as much as a creative card's. anyway, my friend did the same thing that ur trying to do. you need a special converter cable. my friend got a monster cable one i think from radio shack(maybe). if not there id check best buy. the cable just converts the one spdif conection on your motherboard into two rca jacks that will plug into your receiver. and by the way i have dsl and kinda like it. sometimes i get better ping than my friend who has 1.5mb cable and spends a ton more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom