Are Asus Motherboard going to $#!+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I just like to get some feed back on the Asus Motherboards. Espeically from any one that works RA or Tech Support on PC using Asus Motherboards

Like I sell about 1 Asus Motherboard to every 10 Gigabyte Motherboards. In the last 3 months, I have only had 1 Gigabyte Motherboard come back DOA. Where as Asus I have about 6 DOA, and one RA.

Motherboard models in particular are :-
Asus P4R800-VM
Asus A7N8X-VM

What's going on with ASUStech, I used to look at them as being a better motherboard compaired to Gigabyte.

I am beginning to think otherwise now.

I have found ASUS to be a great motherboard. I have quite a few in my homemade boxes, mostly P4P800 model and they all work perfectly fine. I would however like to know if they are going down the crapper, because if they are it looks like i wont be buying anymore. :rolleyes:

i havent used em much, but i hear theyre good... I hear that Abit and Soyo are "better" but i dont know how you define a "better" motherboard.. lol

i own an A7N8X Deluxe, personally i hate it and will never buy Asus again. the onboard sound has gotten to the point that it seems to be conflicting with the keyboard. when i type something the sound stutters.

i disabled the onboard sound and put in a sound card. the problem has gotten better, but i swear i can still hear it hiccup slightly. ASUS is overated. i will stay clear away from them in the future.

Silesia said:
I just like to get some feed back on the Asus Motherboards. Espeically from any one that works RA or Tech Support on PC using Asus Motherboards

Like I sell about 1 Asus Motherboard to every 10 Gigabyte Motherboards. In the last 3 months, I have only had 1 Gigabyte Motherboard come back DOA. Where as Asus I have about 6 DOA, and one RA.

Motherboard models in particular are :-
Asus P4R800-VM
Asus A7N8X-VM

What's going on with ASUStech, I used to look at them as being a better motherboard compaired to Gigabyte.

I am beginning to think otherwise now.

For about the past three years a Taiwan company has been producing faulty capacitor formula and making cheap capacitors out of it. Each month for those few years the company produced 60 tons of the faulty electrolytic formula. This formula would dry up in the capacitors and turn into gas, blowing the caps or causing malfunctions. Many, and I do mean many companies bought and used these capacitors. This includes MSI, abit, and asus. Check your capacitors for any bulges or leaks. You can replace the capacitors with no trouble.

See:
www.badcaps.net

That explains a lot ChaosBlizzard. Thank you.

I have having a chat with one of my clients last night about this issue. He's commented that over the years, all the ASUS Motherboard that has put out in the field as come back as some time or another.

We have an A7K266 that has constanty be back and forth between Customer, Shop, Repair Factory, New Customer about 3 times.
This board is currently sitting at home as a spare Mobo.

Silesia said:
That explains a lot ChaosBlizzard. Thank you.

I have having a chat with one of my clients last night about this issue. He's commented that over the years, all the ASUS Motherboard that has put out in the field as come back as some time or another.

We have an A7K266 that has constanty be back and forth between Customer, Shop, Repair Factory, New Customer about 3 times.
This board is currently sitting at home as a spare Mobo.

No problem, fact is this has been kept quiet to say the least by the big brands. They don't want this information leaking out into the public too far. Abit is the ONLY company to come forward and admit they have a problem. The others deny it, and no matter how you look at it, us consumers end up paying the repair bill. In any case its not all that difficult to desolder capacitors and solder new ones in.

apokalipse said:
that's interesting.............

looks like Gigabyte might be the one to get then

Rarely ever have a problem with a Gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom