asus mobo problems! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put both the hard drives on the same IDE cable and hook it up to the primary IDE channel. And use 80 conductor IDE cable.

Or you could try it just with one hard drive attached to see if it gets any further.

Thanks for the specs. I've checked out asus website but nothing obviously wrong.

The memory you have isn't on their qualified vendor list but this doesn't seem like a memory issue anyway so don't worry about that for now.

If I were you, I would reset the bios (using clear cmos jumper), if there are any bios settings which you know must be altered from defaults, then do so.

Disable any onboard features that you don't need, either by jumper or in bios, remove any add-on cards except graphics.

Remove the secondary/slave hard drive & any optical drives except the one you use to install XP with.

Disable any integrated cards as well ie. sound, lan, modem etc. I don't know if you can actually disable serial ata but if you can, then do so as you are not using it.

Try and install XP again. If you still have problems, I would try a different graphics card if you can.

Alright! everyone, I've figured it out! Here's what went down, I had my master hard drive jumpers set to master with slave present.. and since I took the slave out to install, It didn't work... So, I changed the jumpers and I'm up and running! thanks to all of you! I know I probably look stupid now... but hey, it was an honest mistake...:D :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom