Asus Launched its PCI-E Version board for AMD, based on VIA K8T890 Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Arrow

Fully Optimized
December 7th 2004, Asus launched its Mobo for AMD K8 series procesors based on VIA K8T890 Chipset. the board will hit the shelves in 10 days at max (else blame their marketing team)

http://uk.asus.com/news/2004/20041207-2.htm#

its with 2 X PCI-E X1 slots, unlike ABit's 3rd Eye with 3 X PCI-E.

while I think giving more PCI-E's at this stage at least isnt good choice as everything is coming on board (typically ppl install Network cards and sound cards)

but in special cases people disable on-board audio and install Audigys. so its better to give 2 PCI-E's rather than 3 PCI-E's. as i havent seen anyone installing seperate LAN card as when itss on-board already, Sound card is exception though.

anyway, to people this may be future safe, but as if I buy this board today thinking that i'll use other PCI-E cards tomorrow, might be some other technology emerges, and people like me, one system is still un-assembeled, and started thinking about the next one - HOW BAD

other thing which I would like to discuss, as Realtek have launched their new ALC880-D (high Definition 24-BIT) audio codecs, and VIA have integrated their audio controler VIA-Vinyl 8 and 6 channels audio on board. do you people think that this 24-BIT High Definition Audio chips will replace installation of Audigy's whilst disabling the on-board audio.

I had used A7N8X-Deluxe. it came with beautiful on-board audio. while my current board P4C800 though was made after that, came with real S*** audio onboard. so I used Audigy.

will you be willing to install the Audigy as if you get the same or near quality of Audigy on-board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom