Asus KT600. How does it measure up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjero

Solid State Member
Im about to attempt building a PC from scratch for the first time and I was thinking about starting off with a Asus A7V8X-X Socket A motherboard and pairing it with either an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor or a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ "Barton", 400 FSB, 512K Cache Processor. Theres a huge price difference, but how do the preformances compare?

I have a few questions... What is the difference between the 64-bit and the 32-bit processors? And what are some opinions about the motherboard and CPU I have chosen versus other combos?

Id like to spend under 800 to build the whole thing and itll be used for gaming and video/audio editing.

When you buy a case that comes with a power supply does it come with all the cables I need to plug stuff in? Also do I have to buy the IDE cables seperatly or will they come with the motherboard?

If ur yet to buy a mobo .. .. then i would suggest going in for a nforce 2 based mobo ...
Check out the Asus A78NX , or Gigabyte 7NNXP
Also the mobo comes with all the IDE cables

I want around 200 Gigs of hard drive space. Would it be faster to have 2 100Gig HDs or 1 200Gig HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom