ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wt3ch

Baseband Member
What do you guys think of this new board by ASUS? I know most people here have a negative view of ASUS (wondering why) but this board looks to be a great product and I really like the heat pipe idea. Also this board got good reviews. I'm planning on running an X2 on it and won't be doing much overclocking (if any). It seems like most of the ASUS boards get high reviews on newegg and in the mags, why not here as well?

Here's the link to the board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131540

Newegg filters their reviews and only accepts one which have positive feedback about the product. Most other review sites are generally either biased, or can't call a product bad since they got it for free. I don't think I've ever seen a product reviewed get a stamp of rejection.

I personally do not like Asus because I find their products overpriced. They have little flexiblity compared to other boards on the market and have known bugs. They have horrible tech support as well.

You would be better off with a DFI lanparty SLI-D or SLI-DR, or you can get a lanparty Ultra-D and pencil mod it to an SLI board and save a couple bucks. Either way, DFI has a universal reputation of being the best boards availible for AMD platforms, no question.

I've seen bad reviews from newegg.

But on the board, ASUS just really sucks it up with AMD64 Cpu's, don't know why, they just do.

I had an A8V before this, was total crap, just don't like them.

My A8V is total crap

Try writing a negative review on newegg or tigerdirect, wont stay up long that's for sure

What do you guys think about the heatpipe technology? I thought it was really cool.

I originally was all for a DFI board but I keep hearing about difficult setup and that they are not good for newbies (which I definitley am)

The thing is you never need to touch anything in BIOS except the boot order.

Their's nothing to setup, you plug in everything and it will work. However overclocking on an DFI Lanparty is harder.

I don't see why people think the lanparty is more complicated to overclock with. The only complicated thing in it is the extended memory timing options and you don't even have to touch those if you don't want to.

Apart from that, the lanparty is by all means easier than any other board. It's the same concept with increasing voltage, loosening timings and configuring ratios, however the lanparty gives you higher voltage options, more ratios, and higher FSB speeds. It'll also test your RAM with memtest as soon as you exit the BIOS so it's actually more user friendly.

Plus cmos reloaded allows you to save and revert back to BIOS profiles, and will save and revert back to your last known working settings so even if you screw up correcting the problem is easy as pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom