ASUS A7N8X-VM DDR Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy98789

Solid State Member
Hi guys, i wanted to know if i can buy 256MB DDR400 Dual Channel Ram and run it at 333 Mhz with onbaord IGP till i buy a new agp card later. Please help. Is it possible to run 400 at 333 or should i buy DDR333 Dual channel Ram. The name of the board is ASUS A7N8X-VM.

**Tommy** Please try to keep your questions in one thread when seeking an answer on the same subject. (Threads Merged) Thanks man....====MicroBell

tommy98789 i think you have your info mixed up. i checked the mobo specs and it does support DDR400 pc3200. the AGP bus, CPU bus, and memory bus run at different speeds. you do not have to synch them to have your computer running. although that would be good to have your CPU and memory front side bus to be the same speeds, you do not have to.

so to answer your question yes you can do that by setting the memory from 200mhz or by SPD default setting to 166mhz. but again you do not have to do this. your computer will run at all the defaulted settings, theres nothing you should have to change.

Dear ekÆsine

Dear ekÆsine
Does that mean that i'll be able to use the onboard graphics (IGP) with a Dual Channel DDR400 Ram and by default at 333 Mhz. I'm not used to pc hardware. Please tell me what to do. I have only bought the Motherboard and don't know what ram to buy. I would love to buy DDR400 for now. and run with onboard graphics. I want to buy graphics card only after 6 months when GeForceFX 5900 Ultra prices come down. Tell me what to do.

A7N8X-VM DDR400 WITH IGP (Follow-up)

I guess what i really want to know is that if i buy a Dual Channel DDR400 ... will i be able to use IGP. Will the motherboard automatically run my module at 333Mhz with IGP ?
i don't want to buy agp for now. i'm planning to use to igp for at about 6 months. All advices appreciated.

Integrated Graphics Processor.....for on-board graphics.
Most newer model boards have an AGP port and the graphics card comes with it's own processor

-Michael

Dude, you have to get your terms right. IGP? Is that supposed to be Intagrated Graphics Port? If so, your board doesn't have onboard video.

His board doesn't have it.

Plus, this thread is covering the same thing as another thread in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom